Stained Glass in St Oswald's

St Oswald's has a fine collection of stained glass windows. The only glass to survive from the fifteenth century has been restored and reassembled in the four light East window of the chapel.

 

Some examples of the medieval stained glass


All other stained glass in church is from the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries in memory of the following (designer/makers names in italics):-

Henry Cawood Embleton d. 1930 (Heaton, Butler and Bayne, London)
John Hollings d. 1832
Benjamin Burnley - donated in 1856
The Hon. and Rev. Arthur Savile - placed in 1926
Henry C. Embleton – erected in 1926 (A.K. Nicholson, London)
Rachel Katherine Wallpole, Viscountess Pollington d.1854 – erected in 1901.
David Leake d. 1871
Henry Alexander Savile d. 1851 and Frederick Savile d. 1851
Philip Hale Savile d. 1843
Mary Leeson d. 1849

Have a look at some examples of our beautiful windows, although to truly see them at their best you'll have to come and join us in church!

 


Jesus rescues Peter as he tries to walk on water

St George

St Oswald

 

The Ascension Window

 


Printer Printable Version